Tuesday, November 23, 2010

I hate..


I hate that you’re still in my head
I hate what you’ve reduced me to
I hate the memories I can’t get rid of
I hate that you haunt me still

I hate the person I’ve become
I hate that you’ve filled me with doubt
I hate that you made me trust you
When all you had were lies

Now all I’m left with is self doubts
I had drowned in your deceits
Yes I lived to tell the tales
But barely, I barely breathe

I know you’re happy in my misery
After all that was the kind of man you were
Again I hate that I didn’t see it
Didn’t see it behind your smile

But this is not about you at all
This is not about your lies
That is what you are
But the error was mine

Now I hope to correct the past
I hope to love without doubt
I hope to look into his eyes
And know it’ll be different this time

I hope he knows how I hate
That because of you I can’t trust him
I hope that in spite of this
He still won’t give up on me like you did

I hope that he knows I’m not perfect
But I’m trying the best I can
I hope he does what you never had the courage to do
I hope, maybe this time
Someone will prove me wrong

No comments:

Post a Comment